Sunday, September 28, 2014

remembering june

He shared the beef jerky with his family, and right then I knew they had my heart. 

We were told we couldn't eat the fruit so we stole the chocolate. (in our defense we didn't know we stole it until after)

The bathrooms never worked and you made fun of my hearing.

We climbed the mountain and I got a sweaty back.

We slept on the roof and tried to talk all night. 

We spent every minute of everyday together for two and half weeks.

I was friend zoned while you went on a sunny vacation and we passed bricks.






I have never been more grateful for ice cold drinks and cement mixers because being friend zoned and the friend zone song you sang me made my june one I will never forget. thank you.

also ... RIP to the dog we named brick.

3 comments:

  1. rip to the dog we named brick. i loved every part of this, but mostly how you had it spell bricks with bold letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you spelled BRICKS in your writing.so darn creative.
    also, you are the realist writer. and i like that. LOVE THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We slept on the roof and tried to talk all night."
    Stolen

    ReplyDelete