Sunday, November 23, 2014

tall walls and warm spaces

Hello My Heart,
How have you been? 

You still there 
inside my skin? 

I've been worried. 
I haven't felt anything for awhile & you had me worried. 
Maybe it's this dang cough or maybe it's because I refuse to take you running 
but whatever it is
                                                                                                                             
 I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for the walls. 

I built so many because I wanted to keep you safe.  

safe.

safe wasn't suppose to be lonely.
safe was suppose to save you from the bruises.
safe was suppose to protect you from those teenage boys 
... and girls

safe was going to keep them away and let them not get away.

safe.

safe was the answer.

& i'm sorry because i'm weak and i played it safe. 

but safe was warm.
 and I wanted to stay.

...

It snowed today and I am cold now.
Our fireplace doesn't work and I am cold now.
They left this morning and I am cold now.

my mom told me to go run today,
& I still didn't listen.

I'm sorry I don't take you running.
Maybe this year when january comes around it'll be different.

It's cold now 
but
 it will be different.

Sincerely,
me



9 comments:

  1. Playing it safe can be good, but a heart needs to practice what it was meant to do. I love the way you talk to your heart. I wish that I could meet everyone's heart so that my heart knew it was't the only one who feels the way he does. Thanks for sharing some of your heart. I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Safe wasn't suppose to be lonely" I loved this post and related to it so much. And the bruises. YES

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a precious post to you heart. I don't take my heart running and maybe that's sometimes why I can't feel it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe wasn't suppose to be lonely.
    Lovely writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. IS THAT MODIFIED OH HELLOS LYRICS I READ??:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget safe. Forget safe. Forget safe.

    I liked the part about the running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stole pretty much every line for my stolen page. I couldn't help it because too good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "I am cold now" lines... I forgot that I had read this before, but so happy I read it again because it touched me in a different way.

    ReplyDelete