Sunday, November 2, 2014

thoughts and prayers

My shoulder is asleep under my little sisters head and I don't want to wake her.
This is my first post from my phone and my shoulder tingles.
We went to dinner today and sat for 12 minutes and 52 seconds in complete silence .. I timed it.
Our waiter asked if I needed a refill.
I said yes. Give me two.
thoughts of work life and regret filled the table.
Your phone lights up one to many times and his eyes roll
I feel bad cause I raised my voice but I wanted them to know I only have a year
The year is not what's important and I'm really not bugged about the phone (this time) but I hope you recognize the silence and are sensitive to sound cause sometimes I don't know
I want to go out of state for college but I know we don't have the money and I don't have the grades
My sister is waking and my shoulder is piercing with needles that aren't really there but I want you to know I love you and am proud of you. This phone call is more important than me and I know they need it more than me so I guess in state college it is.

2 comments:

  1. i dont know why but i loved this.
    maybe it's because im listening to a really good song
    or maybe it's because im pretty sure i went through the same experience a week ago
    they dont realize we only have a year
    this is really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. only a year. thats all i can think about. ever.
    good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete